Friday, September 16, 2011

JULIE BLACKMORE - Photographer

Julie Blackmore - photographer

I found these interesting shots taken by Julie Blackmore of family situations. Well actually they are composites. Blackmore sees the family scene almost in a comical way. She has placed little people in beautiful homes where they make the idealised family life. They have a dream-like feel about them. This is very different to Crewdson (whom I researched last semester) in that his are more grimy.

Blackmore comes from a large family and has many nieces & nephews aho she uses in her photographs along with her own children. She does well commercially with many big clients.

Although these are not the sort of images I want from my same sex families, I quite like the sparseness of the room set-up and the little children in the big grand spaces.







References;
http://blog.janstaller.net/2010/09/30/julie-blackmon-at-robert-mann-gallery/

No comments:

Post a Comment